If getting the kids ready for back-to-school has you a little on edge, not to worry! 13 is On Your Side with some tips that can help.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – If getting the kids ready for back-to-school has you a little on edge, not to worry! 13 is On Your Side with some tips that can help.
Amy Ritsema with OnSite Wellness in Grand Rapids joined 13 On Your Side mornings with some advice for parents.
What is stress?
- Stressors = Triggering events or unexpected changes in our day
- Stress = How you feel and how you react to the stressor
What are some ways to handle stress?
- Be Realistic in your expectations. (Life is hard, sometimes days don’t go according to plan!)
- Time management is key! (What can you do ahead of time? Pick out clothes, make lunches, sign papers)
- Choose your battles wisely to conserve time and energy. (Does it matter if their clothes don’t match?)
- Stop being so hard on yourself. (Don’t judge yourself based on other people’s Facebook posts!
OnSite Wellness works to promote health and wellness in the workplace. You can learn more about their services at www.onsitewellnessllc.com